Thursday, June 16, 2011

Focus, Emily. Focus.

So after my last post, I took a long, hard look at myself and reflected upon how absurd it was to cast on for four different sweaters in a one week period.

And then I cast on for another.

You see, I didn't really have a choice. I went on a yarn crawl throughout Denver, and was really, REALLY good. I only bought yarn at one place. Four skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. (There is this purple Malabrigo Silky Merino I didn't buy that haunts my dreams...) Upon getting home from the yarn crawl, I almost immediately cast on for the Tappan Zee (which I mistakenly keep referring to as the Zappa Tee). And with this sweater, it looks as though finally, FINALLY, the Epic Castonathon of 2011 may be passing.

This one seems to be sticking. I knit it on the plane ride back to Milwaukee. I knit it while sitting around dinner, catching up with my parents. I celebrated "National Knit in Public Day" by knitting it at the wedding we went to.

I still have a few inches to go before it's the length I want, but it's actually starting to turn into something that resembles a garment, instead of a three inch strip of nothing. And in the interim, at least it fits someone in this household.

(Ignore the pleading look in his eyes that are saying, "Really, Mom? Please don't do this to me." He loves it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment